Many women suffer from cellulite. This condition consists of collections of fat cells and toxins that are stored beneath the surface of your skin. These cells appear as dimpled or wrinkled skin. Most people see this problem on their mid section, thighs, and buttocks.
Cellulite can be a very difficult problem to reduce or eliminate. Dr. Oz, a famous doctor on television, has created a series of diet tips that can aid in the process of relieving this condition. He has written many articles that can be very helpful to you in your cellulite reduction efforts. If you are one of the many women who are uncomfortable wearing a bathing suit or shorts in the summer time because of this problem, then these top tips from the doctor can help you:
- Avoid too much salt and sugar – Excess sugars can be stored in fat cells which can cause them to expand. Excess salt typically aids in fluid retention which can increase the appearance of cellulite under the skin. A good rule for your sugar intake is to try and consume no more than 6 teaspoons of sugar each day, and avoid foods with more than 200 mg of sodium.
- Add Flaxseed to your foods – Flax seeds support estrogen levels and heighten collagen growth. Increased collagen helps to strengthen connective tissues which can help reduce the appearance of cellulite. Try eating approximately 2 tablespoons of flaxseed each day.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily – Staying hydrated is very important for everyone. Water is a great way to cleanse the body of toxins that hide in your fat cells. These toxins can increase the appearance of these cells. Remaining hydrated also helps to plump the skin which can reduce the lumpy appearance on the skin’s surface.
- Kelp – Kelp contains fucoxanthin, which is a compound that is found in many green plants, which increases weight loss. In several studies, this compound has been shown to facilitate a 5-10 % reduction in body weight. You can either purchase edible kelp from the grocery store or purchase 300 mg capsules from a vitamin store or pharmacy.
- Gotu Kola Extract – Gotu Kola Extract has been researched for its cellulite masking properties. This extract has been providing positive results and has been found to reduce stress levels, which can also affect cellulite production. This product is caffeine-free and great for helping you get off to a good night sleep. Gotu Kola extract helps to thicken the skin and increase elasticity, which can reduce the appearance of clumpy fat cells.
Give these cellulite diet tips from Dr. Oz a try before you resort to drastic measures – they are probably not necessary! With a few small changes to your daily meal plan, you can see large results in the battle against cellulite. It’s never been easier to get that smooth youthful appearance back to your skin.
If you do decide to try a cellulite cream too, an active ingredient called aminophylline has also been mentioned in a positive light by Dr. Oz on his show. Not to be used as a substitute for diet and exercise, a good cream containing this particular ingredient (such as Procellix) could help you get faster results.